- Due to the tedious, handcrafted nature of our products, we are unable to provide refunds or exchange custom cakes, cake pops or cupcakes.
- Once a cake has been picked up by you or a designated party it is considered "Accepted".
- All products are the responsibility of the customer once it leaves our shop. We are not responsible for any damage occurring to the cake during transport, set-up or any time thereafter. You will be given instructions on how to carry, transport, and store your cake upon pick up. Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly - such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc. We only give refunds in accordance with our refund policies stated below.
The following scenario is the only instance when we will provide a refund:
- Cake flavour and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavour or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honoured. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavour or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up - please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Deocraft Cakes. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. Store credit percentage are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 48 hours.
- If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to "accept" the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a "take it, or leave it" policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
- If we fail to deliver your cake on the date and time stated on your contract for your wedding or event. If we deliver the cake 2 hours late, or less we will NOT provide a refund. Further, if customer provides wrong date, time or address for delivery, we will NOT provide a refund and we will not be responsible for any additional expenses that you incur as a result of our failure to deliver the cake. Our liability is limited to the contracted value of the cake.
We do not give refunds under any other circumstances. Refunds are only given within 7 days.
- Refunds requested due to decorating style, colour shade or general decoration design will not be honoured, however you may incur an extra charge to re-bake the cake/recreate the elements on the cake. If you'd like to change the flavour of your cake, we require 72 hours' notice. 3D Cakes require at least one week's notice if changes want to be made to the cake or to change the date Refunds requested due to decorating style, colour shade or general decoration design will not be honoured, however you may incur an extra charge to re-bake the cake/recreate the elements on the cake. If you'd like to change the flavour of your cake, we require 72 hours' notice. 3D Cakes require at least one week's notice if changes want to be made to the cake or to change the date.
- Our cakes are baked from scratch with all natural ingredients, and need to be kept out at room temperature for at least two hours prior to serving. Keep in mind variety in temperature and humidity may impact the flavour, overall design, or texture of the cake to some degree. Please understand we cannot control changes in texture or changes in colour or shape due to weather conditions.
DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- If you cancel a cake order before we have a chance to deliver it to you, there is NO Refund
- If you pre-paid in full, or placed a partial deposit, you will NOT get a refund if you cancel your order before we have a chance to deliver it to you
- If any cakes are cancelled within 3 working days, you will not receive a refund but will receive a store credit.
Cake Stand & Knife hire:
- All cake stand and knife hire requires a deposit to secure hire. The deposit is fully refundable on return of the undamaged stand within 3 days of the event and is subject to the stand being checked for damage with the client. In order to minimise the risk of damage we recommend that you do not wash the stand, or take it to pieces (if applicable).
- Changes and cancellations to cake orders are accepted until 96 hours (4 days) prior to scheduled pick up time. No refunds will be provided for orders that are cancelled with less than 72 hours (3 days) notice. 3D Cakes require at least one week's notice if changes want to be made to the cake, to change the date, or to cancel. You will be required to pay the full amount if the order is cancelled with less notice. This does not apply to orders that have contracts.
Guarantee / Disclaimer:
- We do all that we can to make sure that your order is decorated to the specification on your written order form. Upon pick-up of your cake, adjustments can be made for an additional charge if it was not stated on your original order. If for some reason something is not decorated correctly as stated on your order, we will make necessary changes right away.
- Our products may contain or come in contact with milk, wheat, nuts, egg, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
- If flowers are provided by an outside source you acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. Deocraft Cakes is not responsible for the quality or freshness of the flowers provided by an outside source.
Artistic License Disclaimer:
- Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our expert cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by other cake decorators.